Re: RFS: cdk 1.4.9-1

On Wed, May 23, 2012 at 7:53 PM, Egon Willighagen
<egon.willighagen@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Wed, May 23, 2012 at 4:15 PM, Niels Thykier <niels@thykier.net> wrote:
>> The issue is that it fails to clean properly - at least some (java)doc
>> files are not cleaned, but also some non-text files (can't remember - I
>> didn't pay too much attention to it).  I haven't actually investigated
>> the failure that deeply, so it may be trivial to fix.  :)
>
> I'm happy to look at a full error report! (Not sure I can get around
> to setting up an environment for building it myself... (I've done it
> in the past, but have to relearn the steps each time...)

I will look into the build failure over weekend. I think one reason
might be that I forgot to clean javadocs in the clean target in
d/rules.

>>> Cinfony 1.1 should work fine with CDK 1.4.x:
>>> http://baoilleach.blogspot.com/2011/12/cinfony-11-released.html
>>>
>>> That post tells about a compile against 1.4.5, but as said, within
>>> 1.4.x there are no API changes (or very minor ones).
>>
>> Good to know, looks like the reverse-dependencies will not pose an issue
>> then.  :)
>
> Except that the python-cinfony package needs updating too, and that
> may imply having to updated rdkit and openbabel as well... (nothing
> wrong with that, of course! :)

A quick check of packages suggests that openbabel and rdkit are recent
enough for cinfony 1.1. But it seems to have gained new
(build)dependencies. So I am not sure how easy the task will be for
packaging latest cinfony.
Given this scenario, my suggestion is to target the cdk packaging for
'experimental' and then file a wishlist bug against cinfony for the
upgrade request (or simply test current version against new cdk). If
we are lucky then both will make into archives before freeze. Let me
know what you think.

Cheers,
Onkar
Don't ask why - the reason is the same.