Re: gcj cannot find ecj any more, on m68k

On 05/09/2012 07:55 PM, Thorsten Glaser wrote:
> Andrew Haley dixit:
>
>> gcj has an evil bug.  Sometimes, when it has an unresolved reference, it
>> reports a ClassNotFoundException for the referring class, not the
>> referred.  So, you now need to
>
> Oh, ok.
>
>> jcf-dump -v -classpath /usr/share/java/eclipse-ecj-3.5.1.jar org.eclipse.jdt.internal.compiler.Compiler
>
> Ok, got a lot of output.
>
>> and have a look at the class references in the constant pool.
>
> Uh, I’m sorry you lost me there. That is a train station, right? ;-)
> I can barely read any Java™ source code, much less know about gcj
> internals other than what I’ve seen during porting…

Hmm.  Well, I think we're very close and it would be a shame to stop
now.  If you do an "strace -f -etrace=file" you should be able to see
what classes it's trying to load at the end, and one of these won't be
found, and one of them wil be mentioned in the list of classes in the
jcf-dump.

Andrew.