Handling change of upstream source name
- To: Debian Java List <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Subject: Handling change of upstream source name
- From: Onkar Shinde <email@example.com>
- Date: Thu, 26 Apr 2012 00:14:48 +0530
- Message-id: <CAKBPJyj7kTMg6VE7pWrfj2w=0A6r+QK67R6BTAYguqprsaZsMA@mail.gmail.com>
I am working on packaging latest version of Jmeter. The software
itself is not under Apache Jakarta project anymore. It has become top
level project. So the source distribution is now renamed from
jakarta-jmeter*.tgz to apache-jmeter*.tgz.
This is the first time I am handling renaming of source package so
listing down the changes required for this. Please let me know if I
1. Change source name in d/changelog and d/control.
2. Update tar repack script.
3. Update d/copyright
4. Move packaging SVN to new name.
5. Since the binary package names have not been changed, there is no
need to handle any conflicts/replaces.
Passion - Some people climb mountains - others write Free software.
Don't ask why - the reason is the same.