Re: New work on java-package

2012/3/19 Barry Hawkins <barry@hawkinsclan.com>
Having been away for a few years, I need to come up to speed on the changes to packaging policy and the workflow for package development with the new Git repository, etc., but I'm sure it'll come back to me quickly, like riding a bicycle. :-)

 Hello Barry,

 It's nice to see an original maintainer of java-package back on it. I hope you will like the changes I made to it :-)

 Current state of work is :
 - sources have moved to git (git.debian.org/git/pkg-java/java-package.git)
 - java-package 0.50 has been pushed to sid and wheezy (sponsored by Sylvestre Ledru)
 - I'm currently merging contributions I received on my github (https://github.com/cedricpineau/java-package). Mainly code and branding cleaning, support for oracle java6<u10 as well as future versions
 - I'm planning to add IBM java 6 and 7 packaging support (http://www.ibm.com/developerworks/java/jdk/linux/download.html)
 - I keep track of further improvement in the README file of the git repo :-)

 One important thing I did left behind for now because I don't get what has to be done for it, is Matthias Klose request : "install into a multiarch location to allow installing the i386 client vm on amd64 and ia64"
 I would appreciate if you Barry or anyone one this thread could give me tips on this !

--
Cédric