Re: package Apache James for Debian

2011/8/26 Ludovic Claude <ludovic.claude@laposte.net>:
> Hello Ioan,
>
> It's very likely that Maven 2 will be able to build Apache James or at
> least parts of it. The only big incompatibility between Maven 2 and 3 is
> the documentation and site plugins, and you can skip those at least for
> initial packaging (answer no to the Javadoc question when mh_make asks it).

Yes, I also talked to Eric and the doc part is the issue. I remembered
I had this problem when I first built James on Debian but was unsure.
Thanks, I will get back sometime in the future, when I have some news.

> I have some initial work for packaging Maven 3, but my efforts have
> stalled due to a lack of time. If you can help, great, otherwise it
> might take quite a few more months to get anything ready. Maven 3 is a
> big beast and takes time to package.
> Ludovic

Interested but I have a lot going on. Don't want to make promises I
can't keep, plus, my packaging skills are not that great yet.
If I find some time I will let you know, the rate things are going you
will probably still need my help.

Bye,
--
Ioan Eugen Stan