Re: Future of sun-java6 package ?

Torsten Werner <twerner@debian.org> wrote:

Hi,

>> rm of sun-java6 a target for wheezy if any security alerts come ?
>
> I think we should remove it from unstable soon. It is a good question

What's the status of the free JVMs wrt JDBC4?

I know firsthand that JDBC4 doesn't work with OpenJDK6 while it works
flawlessly with Sun Java6. Has this been fixed now?

If not, that's one good argument for keeping Sun Java6 around. Some
stuff just won't work without it (in my case, OpenBravo POS[1]).

JB.

[1] Which means Point-of-Sale here. Well, most of the time anyway.

--
 Julien BLACHE - Debian & GNU/Linux Developer - <jblache@debian.org>

 Public key available on <http://www.jblache.org> - KeyID: FA1E 5292
 GPG Fingerprint : CC1A 2FE4 76FE 444A CD23 A5CD 26E9 8AEA FA1E 5292