Re: Fwd: RFS: lucene3

> On 2011-08-22 11:45, Mat Scales wrote:
>> Hello all,

Hi Mat,

FTR, I've already had some private discussion with Mat regarding this
package and why he didn't use existing work from Jan-Pascal.
I think that Mat feedback warrants the reworks of debian packaging
scripts.

>> I am forwarding a Request For Sponsorship I made on debian-mentors as
>> apparently you guys are the people to ask.
>>
>> Regarding not using Jan-Pascal van Best's work as a starting point, it
is
>> due to having already got a working package done on my own before I was
>> able to find Jan-Pascal's work (mostly due to anonscm.d.o being
broken).
>> Jan-Pascal was packaging upstream 3.0.2 while I have used 3.3.0. I have
>> done a thorough search through his packaging to find differences. Most
things
>> are in my own packaging or obsoleted by upstream changes, but there are
two
>> things remaining which I have noted for inclusion in the next version
>> (OSGi metadata and splitting off -contrib as a new package)

Niels already commented on API breakage w/ lucene2 + OSGi metadata, so I
won't add on this.

YMMV, but if you want this package to be sponsored by Debian Java Team,
you'll have to commit your package into
one of our repository. You have multiple options to acheive this :
1) You can merge your changes into existing SVN repository (won't be easy)
2) You can remove lucene3 and re-import your own
3) You can import your work into GIT repository and use git-buildpackage
(which seems trendy these days :)

Damien