Re: question to sun-java6-* and floatingpoint bug

Hi,

Am 10.02.2011 12:19, schrieb Niels Thykier:
> On 2011-02-10 11:31, Jochen Becker wrote:
>> Oracle said they will release a new/fixed java version at the 15th feb.,
>> when will be such a new version in the stable release as security fix?

there is already a fix for openjdk available at
<http://people.debian.org/~twerner/>. OpenJDK is our default JDK / JRE
and it is recommended to use it. I hope that those packages will be
available through security.debian.org soon.

We have published updates to the not-free JDK through point releases
which is slower that security.d.o. The first point release for stable is
scheduled for end of march. I'll ask the security team if they will make
an exception due to the severity of this bug.

Cheers,
Torsten