Re: Setting goals for Wheezy

On Wed, 2011-02-09 at 00:17 +0100, Damien Raude-Morvan wrote:
> - package some CI (Continuous Integration) tools like Nexus, Hudson,
> Sonar and
> some essentials plugins

Hi Damien

I've been working on packaging Hudson/Jenkins for Ubuntu since UDS-N in
October (see [0] for the associated blueprint).  The key support from
this came from a number of teams within Ubuntu (and Linaro) who are all
using Hudson but where not happy about using the binary distribution
provided by upstream.

My current objective is to achieve a built-from-source version of
Jenkins + selected plugins available through a PPA;  As a project it
does pretty much everything that makes packaging for a Linux distro hard
including branching of dependencies, inactive project dependencies
etc... so its taking me more time than I expected to get to the point of
actually packaging Jenkins (rather than all of its 60+ missing
dependencies - see [1] and [2]).

In the long term I would like to take this to the point where its
available in the main archive for both Debian and Ubuntu.  Not sure what
long-term really means yet as I think there will be technical and
licensing challenges to get Jenkins accepted into either Debian or
Ubuntu but within the next 12 months would be good for me!

Regards

James

[0]
https://blueprints.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+spec/packageselection-server-n-hudson