maven 3 packaging

Hello everybody,

I wish to see maven 3 in the next Debian release so I decided to give a hand in packaging it. I have some experience in using maven but I'm not very familiar with it's internals. Kind of the same goes for I'm sure this will change once I start diving in.

I would like help to get me started like: what package can I start with?. It would be great if we can have a short voice session to get me up to speed. Please understand that I would like to know how to
navigate the process.

p.s. Ludovic mentioned that you (Damien) could help me, so this email is mostly addressed to you, but all help is appreciated.

Regards,

--
Ioan Eugen Stan
http://ieugen.blogspot.com