Re: Fwd: RFS:opensearchserver package

Emmanuel Keller:
> Hi Everyone,
>
> I am looking for a sponsor for my package of OpenSearchServer. I sent an
> RFS to the debian-mentors list two days ago.
>
> As OpenSearchServer is a JAVA application running into TOMCAT, I thought
> the DEBIAN/JAVA community is a good place to find help !
>
> Thank you if you can have a look, and help me to find a sponsor.
>
> Best regards,
> Emmanuel Keller
Hi Emmanuel,

I've spent like 5 minutes now and tried to get a basic impression, what
OpenSearchServer is. Your project page is definitely not optimzed for people
with few time.
I still have no idea, what OpenSearchServer can provide me what isn't already
in Apache SOLR. It seems, that it's just a tiny web frontend to existing
projects?
BTW, the links to the user and API docus ask me for a login.
The link "OpenSearchServer Community Edition Features List" makes me wonder.
Debian is not the place for crippled community editions with limited
functionality to advertise your proprietary variant.

Two days is not a long time to wait for a sponsor. All DDs are normally
overworked. (I'm not a DD.) And if a DD doesn't see an appealing reason to
sponsor your package within 5 minutes, he'll probably just ignore your
request.

Best regards,

Thomas Koch, http://www.koch.ro