Re: dynamic Text in package descriptions

Hi,

On Fri, Aug 19, 2011 at 2:11 PM, Michael Bramer <grisu@debian.org> wrote:
> !  This package points to the Java runtime, or Java compatible
> !  runtime recommended for the ${jre:arch} architecture,
> !  which is ${jre} for ${jre:arch}.

the interesting part is ${jre}. It depends on the architecture, too.
What do you suggest? Should we drop that information and force the
user to look at the Depends field? Or we could reference an arch
dependent README.Debian from the Description field. That would work
because nobody translates README.Debian.

Torsten