Re: GWT2 packaging

Hi,

> my package (and certainly others) uses GWT 2.
> This version is not packaged in Debian, and maintainers did not answered
> my requests to know if it was planned (via mail and bug request).

Same here.

> GWT is quite huge and seems really a pain to packagedue to dependencies.
> So I wonder if someone is intending to package it, or if it could be a
> solution to package it in non-free section with binaries (jar files).
>
> Projects based on GWT 2 could be packaged more easily (though being in
> contrib instead of free).

This is one idea.

Another would be to package the GWT compiler only which has fewer deps
and not the dev tools.

I have begun working on this. The first problem is that it does not
compile against jdt 3.5 (sid version) but jdt 3.4. The first thing I
wanted to try was to embed jdt 3.4.

I'm very interested in helping bug I haven't found time to go further yet.

Some useful resources :
- Fedora packaging effort ressources :
https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/User:Jlaska/gwt
- Upstream related bug report :