Re: Putting Netbeans on Hold

On 16/05/11 23:13, Damien Raude-Morvan wrote:
> Hi Andrew,
>
> There is two packages that need someone to handle their issues : netbeans and
> libnb-platform-java. For two, issues are mainly about cleaning upstream
> tarball from cruft/binary blobs and having something DFSG-clean.
>
> - blocking issues for "netbeans" package in main are listed here [1].
> - for "libnb-platform-java", you can have a look here [2]
>
> Git repository are in /git/pkg-java on alioth.
> If you want to help on libnb-platform-java, you're more than welcome.
>
> [1] http://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=543907#84
> [2] http://lists.alioth.debian.org/pipermail/pkg-java-maintainers/2011-
> April/031056.html
>
> Cheers,

Hi Damien,

Just to keep everyone updated, I've been tackling libnb-platform-java
over the last few days. I've gone with the netbeans version 7 platform,
which is platform 13, since it seems to make sense to use the latest. As
noted in the rejection mail, there are files without source, and others
that can't be built on Debian so I've had to repack the source. I have
managed to build the windows binaries using mingw, which will mean that
software built using the netbeans platform on a debian machine can also
be run on a windows machine. I need to go through and check the
copyright file, then I think I should have a package ready for review.

Thanks,
Andy