Re: ITS: metainf-services

Hi Damien

On Thu, 2011-06-09 at 17:06 +0200, Damien Raude-Morvan wrote:
> I've the same comments as on "localizer" : I couldn't find anything
> regarding license / copyright in upstream orig.tar.gz
> and, AFAIK, refering to a website for licensing information is not an
> acceptable practice for FTP Masters.
> Could you please contact upstream about this ?

Yes and apologies - I should have picked this up after the feedback you
gave on localizer; I've also identified a few other packages in the
pipeline that also have this issue.

I have noted that some packages make reference to the license in the
Maven pom.xml file - for example:

      <name>GNU Lesser General Public License version 2.1</name>

Is this acceptable practice? It still references out to an external
website but it does state the licensing within the original source code.

James Page
Software Engineer, Ubuntu Server Team