Re: RFS: Autocomplete

On 2011-05-29 02:35, Vladimir Kotov wrote:
> Hi,

Hey,

>>> The license of the png files are not clear to me.  I read
>>> distfiles/readme.txt and it suggests that only the arrow icons are under
>>> CC 3.0, but the debian/copyright says all png files are under that
>>> license.  But what about bullet_black.png and osx_sizegrip.png?
> [...]
>> It is also possible that the documentation is outdated (that has
>> happened countless of times); could you please contact upstream and ask
>> if these files were made by them or downloaded like the arrow icons?
>>  If it is the latter we will probably need to quote their email unless
>> they do a new release soon with the updated documentation.
> [...]
>
> The upstream was kind enough to update the documentation with
> information about these icons in their vcs (no new release currently).
> I have added additional info to d/copyright (concerning icons and two
> other source files with previously missing license headers).

Nice. :)

> main contrib non-free
> - dget http://mentors.debian.net/debian/pool/main/a/autocomplete/autocomplete_1.5.1-1.dsc
> Debian Java SVN repository:
> Vcs-Svn: svn://svn.debian.org/svn/pkg-java/trunk/autocomplete

As I understand the readme the bullet_black.png file is created by Mark
James (like arrow_left and arrow_right)[1], so Mark should be a
copyright holder as I understand it.  Though I am a bit hazy on whether
or not Robert Futrell should be listed in Copyright as well since he has
edited it.

~Niels

[1] """... edited version of "bullet_black.png" in the Silk icon set
noted above."""