Re: RFS: cdk 1.2.7-1

On Mon, Apr 18, 2011 at 11:35 AM, Onkar Shinde <onkarshinde@gmail.com> wrote:
> When java libraries are packaged in Debian the jar files are named
> <libraryname>-<version>.jar and there is a symlink present with name
> <libraryname>.jar. The reason that I replaced all the versioned name
> in various dependencies with version less name is that the version
> used by cdk may not be matching with Debian version. Log4j is special
> case that it's jar names do not comply with this policies.
> We do not expect upstream developers to change their build system to
> cope with Debian policies.

That's fine... I am offering to make it easier (if possible). That's
why I was/am interested in the patches...

> As of now the only suggestion I can give is to improve build system is
> to not use specific jar names in build dependencies but load all jar
> files form a directory.
> ex.
> <fileset dir="${lib.dir}">
>  <include name="*.jar"
> </fileset>

Mmm... that's a suggestion I am not happy about to hear :)

I like the system to fail when a dependency has not be defined, so
that we clearly see what the dependencies are.

> This way the lib.dir can be overriden using ant arguments when
> building package in Debian.
>
> Anyway let me know which branch to use to generate git patches and I
> will send them. Trunk or any 1.2.x specific branch?

cdk-1.2.x branch.

https://github.com/cdk/cdk/tree/cdk-1.2.x

Egon

--