Re: join debian java team

If it closes a bug, you should add in the changelog:
 - blah blah (Closes: #BUGNUM)

Then the system will auto-magically close the bug once the package has
been accepted. While your package is in mentors, you can upload fixes so
for example you can add the bug fixed to the changelog if you haven't
done so. Then you can wait for a Debian maintainer/developer or (usually
faster) find a kind maintainer to check and upload the package for you
into unstable.

Ludovic
(not DD yet)