Re: join debian java team

2011/4/4 tony mancill <tmancill@debian.org>:
> On 04/03/2011 11:00 AM, Ioan Eugen Stan wrote:
>
>> Also, I saw that dch -i put a version string like x.y-3.1 instead of
>> increasing to x.y-4. Is that because I am not a Debian maintainer?
>
> Hi,
>
> dch -i sees that you are not maintainer listed in debian/control and assumes
> that you intend to NMU the package.  You can use use "dch --team" to bump the
> version number in the changelog for team-maintained packages. (See the dch
> manpage for more details.)

Thanks,

Aha, I will use --team then. What happes to the files I submitted to
mentors, how long are they going to stay before they will be in debian
unstable.
My fix also closes a bug. Do I have to mark the bug as closed, someone
else will, or the system will auto-magically detect this.
I wish to update the package I sent to mentors (use --team and also
update the svn stuff). Normally I delete the file from mentors and
send another.

Regards,

--
Ioan-Eugen Stan