Re: Setting goals for Wheezy

On 09.02.2011 13:28, Torsten Werner wrote:
Hi,

Am 09.02.2011 00:17, schrieb Damien Raude-Morvan:
I've some overlap with your own goals Torsten :)

that's good. You can take my tasks. :)

kibi, tuco and I tried and, AFAIK, we all failed.
Have you started working on this ? from upstream "bsd-port" mercurial forest ?

I've started with the usual Linux 'port' and adapted it for kfreebsd. I
could build the hotspot vm but it crashed during initialization. I've
lost my interest when I did not found a way to build the vm with
debugging symbols. Any ideas how to build it with debugging symbols?

it should be built with debug symbols by default.
debian/patches/gcc-hotspot-opt-O0.diff builds hotspot with -O0.

this kind of discussion should happen on the IcedTea ML too. See http://icedtea.classpath.org/

what are the reasons not to use the bsd-port and integrate it in IcedTea?

  Matthias