Re: How to package Nuxeo DM, a Java EE application, in Debian

On Feb 10, 2011, at 11:29 AM, Vincent Fourmond wrote:

>  Hello,
>
> On Thu, Feb 10, 2011 at 11:25 AM, Stefane Fermigier <sf@nuxeo.com> wrote:
>> On Feb 10, 2011, at 10:51 AM, Giovanni Mascellani wrote:
>>> On 09/02/2011 12:25, Stefane Fermigier wrote:
>>> [...]
>
>  Could we please end this thread here ? I'm glad it turned into a
> constructive discussion on a debian maven repository in another
> thread, and I am all for it. But I have a feeling we're all losing
> time here.

Problem is, this is a policy issue, that is specific from the Java world, so it's not useful to start discussing it in the debian-policy-whatever mailing list), and I need to make it clear that either:

- the debian java subcommunity cares about these issues, and is aware that the only viable solution if we want usable packages before 2020 is to address the deeper issues.

- or that it doesn't care, in which case these issues need to be addressed outside of Debian (ex: Ubuntu, or another Debian derivative).

  S.

http://www.nuxeo.com/ - +33 1 40 33 79 87 - http://twitter.com/sfermigier
Join the Nuxeo Group on LinkedIn: http://linkedin.com/groups?gid=43314
New Nuxeo release: http://nuxeo.com/dm54
"There's no such thing as can't. You always have a choice."