Re: RFS: libgstreamer-java

Just uploaded a new version to mentors.debian.net with the changes below:

>>  * If I understand correctly, you should also link against
>>  libjna-java-doc, ie. in your patch you should also add:
>>
>>  -link /usr/share/doc/libjna-java-doc/api
>>
>>  Also, libjna-java-doc & default-jdk-doc should be added to Recommends
>>  of libgstreamer-java-doc

Fixed.

>>  * Please add DEP3 headers[1] to the patch.

Fixed.

> Tango is now in public domain. Do we still need to include it?

Documented in copyright file.

>>    Also when I run: licensecheck -r gstreamer-java --copyright , I
>>    found that some files have other licenses like "MIT/X11 (BSD like)",
>>    that needs to be documented in debian/copyright

These MIT/X11 files are the examples provided with the sources.
I have documented it in copyright file as well.

>>  * After using ant for building, ${java:Depends} does not get
>>    substituted with the required java libs, to fix this, I made a patch
>>    (attached here) to add the Class-Path to manifest, in order for
>>    jh_depends to be able to find out the correct java dependencies.
>>
>>    Please try to get this patch to upstream, probably it won't be
>>    accepted the way it is, because build-impl.xml should not be edited
>>    manually, but hopefully the upstream would get the idea &
>>    implemented in a proper way.

I checked the official binary provided by upstream and it doesn't
contain a Class-Path in the manifest.

Is the Class-Path in library jars (without a Main-Class) used by any
other tool beside javahelper?

If the Class-Path is used only by javahelper to generate
${java:Depends} I think it would be easier to maintain two entries in
the Depends than a patch in build-impl.xml.

The package I just uploaded to mentors have the Depends manually set.

 - Samuel