Re: where to get jaxb from?

Le 29/04/2010 13:32, Torsten Werner a écrit :

But neither com.sun.xml.internal.bind.v2 nor com.sun.xml.bind.v2 are
public APIs. The API is javax.xml.bind and it wouldn't help to package
another implementation that can break in the future. Do you think otherwise?

I don't think so, the API isn't necessarily closed because the package begins with com.sun.*. For example the JNA API is under com.sun.jna.

You are doing something wrong when your application depends on an API found in the Java implementation that wasn't part of the Java SE specification. If you depend on a JDK specific package like com.sun.xml.internal.bind.v2 you know there is no guarantee it will still work in a future upgrade. On the other hand, an independent package for com.sun.xml.bind.v2 is safe.

I agree it would be better if Jersey used only javax.xml.bind, but if it relies on specific features of the JAXB RI it can't be helped.

Emmanuel Bourg