Re: RFS: acgvision-agent [2nd try]

Hi all,

I uploaded version 5.1.4-2 of my package. It can be found on mentors using :
I tryed to fix the errors you showed me.

Here are the details :
You should file a WNPP bug Cc-ing debian-java@lists.debian.org and
  close it through debian/changelog.
I did, the number is debbugs #578719

  The file debian/conffiles should not be needed. Please remove it.
Ok, i removed the file.

The binary package should not Depend: java-virtual-machine. Please remove it.
The binary package should not Depend on java2-runtime only. Please use
something like default-jre-headless | java2-runtime-headless -
whatever is correct for your package. Please ask if you are not sure.

I remove java-virtual-machine and added default-jre-headless | java2-runtime-headless

BTW, why do you Build-Depend: openjdk-6-jdk instead of default-jdk? Is
Openjdk really needed for building?
I replaced openjdk by the default-jdk.

The long description has a typo (communcate), misses a full stop and
is very short. Please be more verbose.

I wrote a new (and longer) description and add "." for the full stop. Not sure about what is "the full stop".

The copyright file is empty and wouldn't be accepted by the FTP team.
I created one

Creating /var/log/acgvision in postinst shouldn't be needed but...
... postrm should remove /var/log/acgvision-agent only when purging.
But wait: is it /var/log/acgvision or /var/log/acgvision-agent? You
have the first variant in debian/dirs.

I rewrite a new way to handle log removing. The default log directory is acgvision. The acgvision-core package (not uploaded yet) logs its file there too.

prerm is virtually empty and should be removed.
I removed it

The #DEBHELPER# token is missing in all three scripts.
I add it too.

You call ant directly without refering to $JAVA_HOME in debian/rules.
That is not good. Please check other packages that Build-Depend
java-helper for examples of better packaging practices. I have been
told that jsch might be such an example. And don't forget to read the
tutorial for java-helper.

I add the $JAVA_HOME.

I also fixed some errors torsten showed me with lintian :
I add a lintian error : acgvision-agent source: missing-debian-source-format.
But i dont understand how to play with this.

Could anyone download and review my package please?

Thank you for your help.

Rémi Debay,

ACGCenter

Synergie Park Des Bonnettes