Re: OpenJDK / default JDK for squeeze / issues on mips / open security issues for lenny

On 12/13/2010 03:22 PM, Matthias Klose wrote:
> On 14.12.2010 00:19, Adam D. Barratt wrote:
>> On Sun, 2010-08-08 at 17:21 +0200, Florian Weimer wrote:
>>> * Matthias Klose:

>>> Cool, it's based on OpenJDK 6b18.  However, we can't upload it as-is
>>> because the version number is greater than the one in testing.
>>
>> That's no longer the case, fwiw; testing has 6b18-1.8.2-4.
>
> so please use the one from unstable, re-generate the control file on a
> stable system, and re-upload.
>
>   Matthias

Hello Matthias -

I'm able to build the version from unstable fine (it took 530 minutes...
:)  I want to make sure I understand what you mean by "re-generate the
control file on a stable system" - this simply means building the
current source package in a clean squeeze chroot, right?

Thank you for your guidance.
tony