Re: RFS: javacsv

On 14/12/10 12:16, Niels Thykier wrote:
> On 2010-12-13 23:53, Andrew Ross wrote:
>> Dear mentors,
>
>> I am looking for a sponsor for my package "javacsv".
>
>> [...]
>

>> I would be glad if someone uploaded this package for me.
>
>> Kind regards
>>  Andrew Ross
>

> Hey Andrew
>
> I had a look at your package and generally it looks good, there are just
> a few things that needs to be addressed. :)
>
>   To use ${java:Recommends} for doc packages (in fact using it in
> general) requires javahelper >= 0.32~ (the ~ is to allow backports).
>
>   Any particular reason why you are using GPL-3 for packaging? It is
> generally a good idea either to use the same license as upstream or at
> least a license that is more permission so that upstream can use things
> from the package in their package without having to change their license.
>
>   The upstream license is LGPL-2.1 or any later; the copyright file
> itself does not clarify this (it just says LGPL-2.1).
>
>   I think you might want to use README.source instead of
> README.Debian-source? I cannot find any mention of README.Debian-source
> in the policy, but README.source is mentioned here[1].
>
> Finally, have you mentioned the lack of license in the removed file to
> upstream?
>
> ~Niels
>
> [1] http://www.debian.org/doc/debian-policy/ch-source.html#s-readmesource

Hi Niels,

Thanks for looking at the package. I've updated the javahelper
dependency according to your suggestion.

I had no reason to use GPL-3 for packaging, so I've changed it to
LGPL-3. I've also updated the copyright file to mention "LGPL-2.1 or any
later".

Not sure why I had README.Debian-source rather than README.source, but
I've changed that.

The lack of license is reported upstream - I've added the tracker ID to
the README.source file.

I've updated everything in svn, and also updated the package on
mentors.debian.net. If you'd prefer me to prepare it as version
2.0+dfsg-2 then let me know.

Many thanks,
Andrew