Re: RFS: javacsv

On 2010-12-13 23:53, Andrew Ross wrote:
> Dear mentors,
>
> I am looking for a sponsor for my package "javacsv".
>
> [...]
>
> Kind regards
>  Andrew Ross

Hey Andrew

I had a look at your package and generally it looks good, there are just
a few things that needs to be addressed. :)

  To use ${java:Recommends} for doc packages (in fact using it in
general) requires javahelper >= 0.32~ (the ~ is to allow backports).

  Any particular reason why you are using GPL-3 for packaging? It is
generally a good idea either to use the same license as upstream or at
least a license that is more permission so that upstream can use things
from the package in their package without having to change their license.

  The upstream license is LGPL-2.1 or any later; the copyright file
itself does not clarify this (it just says LGPL-2.1).

  I think you might want to use README.source instead of
README.Debian-source? I cannot find any mention of README.Debian-source
in the policy, but README.source is mentioned here[1].

Finally, have you mentioned the lack of license in the removed file to
upstream?

~Niels

[1] http://www.debian.org/doc/debian-policy/ch-source.html#s-readmesource