Re: RFS: bluecove, bluecove-gpl

Hi Chris,

> Dear mentors,
>
> I am looking for a sponsor for my packages "bluecove" and
> "bluecove-gpl".
>
>   Package name    : bluecove
>   Version         : 2.1.0-1
>   Upstream Author : Many
>   URL             : http://bluecove.org
>   License         : LGPL and GPL
>   Section         : java and libs
>
> Bluecove builds these binary packages:
> libbluecove-2.1.0-java - Java library for Bluetooth (JSR-82
> implementation)

I briefly reviewed the copyright information of libbluecove and was kind of
irritated by README and LICENSE saying it is LGPL while *all* (well, a few even
missing license/copyright information) the source files say it is Apache 2.0
licensed!? Could you please get some clarifification from upstream?

Please get this fixed first as BlueCove-GPL relies on this one and cannot be
built without it.

> BlueCove-GPL builds these binary packages:
> libbluecove-gpl-2.1.0 - additional module for BlueCove support on Linux
> (native library)
> libbluecove-gpl-2.1.0-java - additional module for BlueCove support on
> Linux (java library)
>
> BlueCove is lintian clean however BlueCove-GPL has two warnings:
> E: libbluecove-gpl-2.1.0:
> sharedobject-in-library-directory-missing-soname
> usr/lib/libbluecove-2.1.0.so
> W: libbluecove-gpl-2.1.0:
> library-not-linked-against-libc ./usr/lib/libbluecove-2.1.0.so
>
> I would appreciate help with these as I have run out of ideas.

Run lintian with the additional flag -i to get a more detailed description,
which can also be found here:

http://lintian.debian.org/tags/sharedobject-in-library-directory-missing-soname.html
http://lintian.debian.org/tags/library-not-linked-against-libc.html

> The other small issue with the packages is the Maintainer, I created a
> Java package recently (ant-contrib-cpptasks), for which the Maintainer
> is the Debian Java Maintainers
> <pkg-java-maintainers@lists.alioth.debian.org>, should this package (as
> its a java package) have this Maintainer also?

[...]

I guess this is up to you, whether you prefer future team maintenance or would
like to stay the lone maintainer of these packages.

Hope this helps,
Michael