Re: Request for reviewing my first java package

Le lundi 08 novembre 2010 23:32:21, Gilles Filippini a écrit :
> Hello pkg-java team,

Hi Gilles,
[You should use debian-java@lists.debian.org to contact the team as on
http://wiki.debian.org/Teams/JavaPackaging]

[...]
> I'd be very glad if someone from the pkg-java team could have a look at
> the package and tell me in case I'm doing something wrong regarding the
> Debian policy for Java.

I think it's a wise idea. We could really improve Debian quality by doing some
peer-review of packages. Maybe I'll find some free-time to write a proposal
about that... , some day.

> This is a rather simple package and it is available from git.d.o [2].

Some comments from a quick overview :

- debian/README.source doesn't seems to contains any useful info. You might
want to drop it.

- debian/control : no need for ${shlibs:Depends} substvar on arch:All package
libjxgrabkey-java
   => libjxgrabkey-java won't embed any system libs and dh_shlibdeps won't
generate anything useful from it

- debian/rules seems to use directly openjdk with CPPFLAGS="-
I/usr/lib/jvm/java-6-openjdk/include" so you have to B-D on it directly
instead of default-jdk
   => some arch doesn't have openjdk has "default-jdk" but GCJ so your package
   will FTBFS on those arch.

Everything else seems fine from my point of view !

Damien - Debian Developper
http://wiki.debian.org/DamienRaudeMorvan