Re: RFS: libspring-ldap-java

Hi Michael,

On Thu, Oct 21, 2010 at 4:04 PM, Michael Tautschnig <mt@debian.org> wrote:
> This one appears to be unanswered for quite a while now; I am, however, not yet
> convinced about your plans: libspring-java is waiting in NEW. Would an
> acceptance into the archive render this package obsolete?  Would
> libspring-security 3.0.x be stuck in NEW as well or would that make it into the
> archives immediately?

Well, Tony Mancill was taking a look at libspring-ldap-java.

libspring-ldap-java is not included with the Spring Framework, it is
just a library
that can be integrated easily with that framework, so an acceptance of
libspring-java
(soon? who knows?) in the archive doesn't render libspring-ldap-java obsolete,
on the contrary, it still very needed.

I'm just proposing to rebuild libspring-ldap-java against
libspring-java 3.0.x, so
when libspring-security-java packages would be installed, they don't end
pulling a mixture of 2.5.x and 3.0.x libraries that could bring conflicts.
Actually, I can't build libspring-security 3.0 right now because of
that mixture.

Unfortunately, an upload of libspring-security-java 3.0.x would be
also stuck in NEW.

Miguel Landaeta, miguel at miguel.cc
secure email with PGP 0x7D8967E9 available at http://keyserver.pgp.com/