Re: RFS: libspring-ldap-java

Hi Miguel,

> I'm looking for a sponsor for this new release of
> libspring-ldap-java. Here is the latest changelog entry:
>
> libspring-ldap-java (1.3.0.RELEASE-2) experimental; urgency=low
>
>   * Rebuild against Spring Framework 3.0 libraries.
>   * Bump Standards-Version to 3.9.1. No changes were required.
>
>  -- Miguel Landaeta <miguel@miguel.cc>  Mon, 04 Oct 2010 19:21:42 -0430
>
> The changes are available on the pkg-java git or on mentors
> via dget:
>
> dget http://mentors.debian.net/debian/pool/main/l/libspring-ldap-java/libspring-ldap-java_1.3.0.RELEASE-2.dsc
> git://git.debian.org/git/pkg-java/libspring-ldap-java.git
>
> Though libspring-java 3.0.4.RELEASE is stuck at NEW, I would
> like to upload an update for libspring-ldap-java since it is
> needed to prepare a package for libspring-security 3.0.x (it
> also depends on libspring-java >= 3.0). I prefer to do this
> work now instead of just idle wait for squeeze.

This one appears to be unanswered for quite a while now; I am, however, not yet
convinced about your plans: libspring-java is waiting in NEW. Would an
acceptance into the archive render this package obsolete?  Would
libspring-security 3.0.x be stuck in NEW as well or would that make it into the
archives immediately?

Best,
Michael