Re: RFS: libgstreamer-java

>> It seems we don't need default-jdk-doc nor libjna-java-doc.
> ---end quoted text---
>
> I remember reading on that list to link the API documentation against
> default-jdk-doc & API documentation of other java libs that the package
> depends on.
>
> Also, it was mentioned that those doc packages should be in Recommends
> field of the API documentation package.

Sorry, I didn't know that.

Is this a new standard? I went to packages.debian.org and randomly
picked some java-doc packages [1-5] to see how they implement this,
but I found no package that depends on other -doc packages.

Also, I didn't understand how the other -doc packages will affect the
javadoc compilation. Do we need to tell the javadoc compiler where the
documentation for other libraries are located?

 - Samuel

[1] http://packages.debian.org/source/sid/commons-vfs
[2] http://packages.debian.org/source/sid/commons-beanutils
[3] http://packages.debian.org/source/sid/libjna-java