Re: net.ipv6.bindv6only

Torsten Werner wrote:
> Hi,
>
> On Sat, Mar 6, 2010 at 5:48 PM, أحمد المحمودي <aelmahmoudy@sabily.org> wrote:
>> We've done the same workaround for zekr package.
>
> specifying -Djava.net.preferIPv4Stack=true will switch off IPv6
> completely. This is not a good idea.
>
> I'll have a look at the freecol packages.

  Don't bother:

  freecol fails, because it spawns a server on "localhost", but it
connects using 127.0.0.1.

  What I think is happening is that localhost is IPv6 by default (why ?)
so freecol fails when it later connects to 127.0.0.1.

  Is that a bug in openjdk (ie fails to listen on both IPv6 and IPv4, or
takes localhost as IPv6 only) or freecol ? (where it should call both as
localhost ?).

  I hope it makes it more clear.

  Cheers,

	Vincent

--
A guess is just a guess until you turn it into a pie chart.
Then it's an analysis.

Vincent, not listening to anything for now