Re: net.ipv6.bindv6only

Torsten Werner wrote:
> Hi,
>
> On Sun, Feb 28, 2010 at 6:20 PM, Torsten Werner <twerner@debian.org> wrote:
>> instead of discussing ant versions I want to draw your attention to
>> #560044, #560056 and similar bug reports.
>
> thanks to the overwhelming response :) I have looked at this issue by
> myself. The fix is in openjdk-6 version 6b18~pre1-3 now. Please check
> your java apps if it really fixes the problem.

  For freecol, it does not.

  For the record, after the switch to net.ipv6.bindv6only, I had to add
-Djava.net.preferIPv4Stack=true for freecol to run in local mode (with a
localhost server, as far as I can tell).

  I wonder if the problem is within freecol or within java. Freecol
listens in IPV6 but seems to connect as IP4...

  I'll have a closer look into the (freecol) code.

	Vincent

--
Au royaume des aveugles, il y a des borgnes à ne pas dépasser.
  -- Soeur Marie-Thérèse des Batignoles (Maëster)

Vincent, listening to Lonely Wind (Kansas)