Re: Recommends relation of libxxx-java-gcj packages

On Sun, Feb 21, 2010 at 1:34 AM, Ludovic Claude
<ludovic.claude54@googlemail.com> wrote:
> I never use gcj packages, I'm always unsure whether they will work
> because dynamic class loading is used more and more in Java, and OpenJDK
> is nowadays fast enough at startup to be convenient for command line
> useage. So yes, I support the downgrade from Recommends gcj packages to
> Suggests.

IIRC, I had a discussion about same topic with doko sometime back.
doko had mentioned that -gcj packages offer performance improvements
on architectures where JIT compiler is not present in JRE.
Considering that OpenJDK (which has JIT) is available on most
architecture these days I also support moving -gcj packages to
'Suggests'.

Onkar