Re: Considering RM of jamvm and cacao

Hi,

On 12/02/2010 20:29, Niels Thykier wrote:
Vincent Fourmond wrote:
[...]
   +1. We basically only need openjdk and gcj (and the cacao variant of
openjdk, which is performing much better on some platforms, it seems).

Just for clarification, by "the cacao variant of openjdk" did you mean
"icedtea-6-jre-cacao", which is a part of the openjdk-6 source package?

In fact, cacao variant of openjdk is built using "cacao-source" source package which openjdk-6 Build-Depends on.

I will just give a couple of days for people to reply to this - assuming
no one objects, I will (probably) file the RMs on Monday or Tuesday.

So on "cacao" case, I'm against dropping this package :
- "cacao" source package generate "cacao-source" which if a Build-Depends of openjdk-6 - I think we might not drop openjdk-cacao-variant as it's the only viable JVM alternative on some arch (alpha, mips, mipsel ?)

For "jamvm", I don't care since I hardly using it :/

Damien Raude-Morvan - http://damien.raude-morvan.com/