Re: [RFS] 'solr' uploaded to mentors.debian.net

Hi Thomas,

Thomas Koch wrote:
> SOLR1.4 may finally be in a state good enough to upload:
>
> http://mentors.debian.net/debian/pool/main/s/solr
>
> @Jan: Are you OK with the packaging? I've not yet commited my changes to
> git.d.o

I'm really happy you've managed to package solr 1.4!

I'm looking at the packaging. My first impression is good, a few things:

- In the solr 1.3 package, the tomcat integration package is
solr-tomcat6. In yours, it's solr-tomcat. That causes problems when
upgrading from the version currently in unstable. Please have
solr-tomcat conflict solr-tomcat6, because I think it's better to have
an unversioned integration package.
- debian/copyright should extend your copyrigth for debian/* to 2010
- I like your solution for debian/rules together with the *.dirs and
*.install files
- Why are the tests disabled? Are you sure any failed tests do not
indicate a broken install for some usage scenario?

That's it for know, more when I find a few round tuits.

Jan-Pascal

PS. Since I'm only a DM and not a DD, I can't upload this package (it
renames solr-tomcat6 to solr-tomcat, hence introduces a new package). Sorry.

--
Jan-Pascal van Best
janpascal@vanbest.org, janpascal@vanbest.eu