Re: [Jabref-users] why jabref depends on openjdk-6-jre on Debian system?

2010/2/4 Vincent Fourmond <fourmond@gmail.com>:

[snip]

>  Jabref depends on openjdk-6-jre because I don't think it works with
> other free Java implementations.

>From the developers site (http://jabref.sourceforge.net/documentation.php#linux)

[quote]
You must have Java 1.5 or newer installed. Most current Linux
distributions offer both Java 1.5 and 1.6 from their repositories. For
instance, in Ubuntu 7.10, if you have enabled the non-free repository,
you can install Java by typing the command

sudo apt-get install sun-java6-jre

and entering your password, or by installing the package sun-java6-jre
in Synaptic.
[/quote]

>  In general, it is better to file bug reports for problems about
> specific packages rather than contact debian-java (or any other
> "general" mailing list); this way, you are sure to reach the
> maintainer.

OK! Thank you very much. I will file a bug right now.

Best wishes

--
Marcelo Luiz de Laia
Lages - SC - Brazil