Re: How to use jh_depends in cdbs based rules file

On Thu, Jul 23, 2009 at 2:48 AM, Matthew Johnson<mjj29@debian.org> wrote:
> On Thu Jul 23 01:06, Onkar Shinde wrote:
>> Hi all,
>>
>> I am working on packaging jmeter application. The components of the
>> application are split into several binary packages. What I want to do
>> is calculate the dependencies of these binary packages using
>> jh_depends from javahelper. But I don't know how to do it in cdbs
>> based rules file.
>> The contents of all these binary packages are managed through .install
>> files in debian directory. There is no separate install target in
>> rules file for each binary package.
>>
>> In which target should I put jh_depends? Do I need to add a common
>> 'install' target?
>> Any help is appreciated.
>
> If you have javahelper 0.19 or later I supply a CDBS snippet, so you can
> just:
>
> include /usr/share/cdbs/1/class/javahelper.mk
>
> and it will call jh_depends (and jh_exec, jh_manifest and
> jh_installibs) at the right point for you.

Matthew,

I had stumbled upon your mail in the archives of build-common-hackers
mailing list. I thought the changes you made never made into archive.

I followed your instructions. While jh_depends is indeed run during
build, I don't see it's effect on the resulting binary packages.
Is it possible that jh_depends is being run at wrong time? Is there
any way to pass -v (verbose) option to jh_depends.

I don't have access to logs right now. I will paste them somewhere later.

Onkar