Re: Any plan to update java3d

On Wed, Apr 22, 2009 at 5:58 PM, Jonny Lamb<jonny@debian.org> wrote:
> On Tue, Apr 21, 19:24:13 +0530, Onkar Shinde wrote:
>> Is there any plan to update java3d package to latest upstream version
>> (1.5.2). I saw some packaging changes in SVN but could not find
>> anything from list archives about possible update.
>
> I hope to get this updated fairly soonish but exams are taking most of
> my time at the moment. Extra contributors are welcome!

I am looking into the packaging bits in pkg-java svn. I have following
questions.

1. Why are we trying to build CVS version instead of latest stable version?
2. The version number in the changelog says dfsg, but there is no
readme file justifying the dfsg string in version. I looked at
upstream source and didn't see any non-DFSG Free files in package.
3. How about changing the source package name to match the upstream
tarball name?

Please answers these questions as you get time. And I will do the
changes accordingly and try to find a sponsor for it.

Cheers,
Onkar