Re: Eclipse 3.4 packaging - help needed

Hi,

I encourage all those interested in/working on packaging the Eclipse SDK
and Eclipse plugins for Linux distributions to get involved with the
Linux Tools (aka Linux Distros) project at eclipse.org.

One of our sub-projects is imaginately called "eclipse-build" and is an
attempt to provide a simple, buildable-out-of-the-box tarball of the
Eclipse SDK.  We're almost at the stage of it producing a working
Eclipse SDK installation and we'd love to see all distributions
standardize on it as the input to their "eclipse" packages.

We have other sub-projects on the go including:
- a wrapper around the Eclipse SDK test suite that makes them runnable
  against a set of installed packages
- scripts to ease the building of Eclipse plugins
- a tool to create a skeleton of an RPM .spec file for Eclipse plugins
  which we'd love to see extended to Debian packages

Please join us on linuxtools-dev@eclipse.org [1] and #eclipse-linux on
Freenode.

Looking forward to collaborating,

Andrew