Re: Eclipse 3.4 packaging - help needed

Hi,

I am very interested in getting a newer Eclipse into Debian. Any
chances we can use

http://wiki.debian.org/Eclipse

to coordinate efforts?

I maintain a set of Debian boxes (running stable) with eclipse for a
small development
team (12+ people).

We need Eclipse 3.4 and we're running it from /opt right now. I would
rather have
3.4 integrated into Debian and would happily move the machines to
testing for that.

>From what I gather from earlier e-mails, the issues are:

* Packaging the new third party packages required by eclipse,
particularly ECF that
require a Maven2 toolchain for compilation that doesn't run off-line
in upstream (but
there are Fedora patches we can use).

* Testing with the fast changing set of JDK currently available in
unstable and make
a pick. I guess this will have to be changed as the JDKs change.

* (Haven't been mentioned, but I'll throw it in) Getting the existing
PyDev, C++ Dev and
SVN plugins also working under 3.4.

(I have added these bullets to the above referred wiki page, of
course, I can be _dead wrong_
about this stuff, please correct the page or even remove the whole
thing altogether if you
think it is going in the wrong direction.)

Thanks!

Pablo