Re: Jetty/Solr unresponsive

: I'm trying to package SOLR 1.4 for debian. When running test tests, many of
: them fail with "Jetty/Solr unresponsive" after something about 121 seconds
: (timeout?).
:
: a) Why? Is it possible, that I'm expected to run the tests as root?

none of the tests require any super user privligages.  some tests expect
to be able to spin up jetty and listen on a local port.

: b) I've to disable all tests, that access the internet when building the
: debian package. As I understand, JUnit doesn't have a way to annotate tests
: with a tag ("accesses-internet") and then have the test runner disable tests
: with certain tags?

i believe you are correct... but if you are interested in working up a
patch, we could have a standard system property that if set causes tests
that want to use the network to chort circut (it would create false
positives, but that might be the lesser of two evils)

: c) When I've run the tests with ant test, where do I have a summary of failed
: tests? Do I've to scan through the output of ant test?

take a look at build/test-results/ ... the test reports are text files by
default, but you can set the junit.formatter property to "xml" in order to
get the machine parsable output (it requires more memory to run the tests
this way) ... "ant test-reports" can use these xml files to create html
based reports.

-Hoss