Re: Jetty 6.1.22 with OSGi bundles MANIFEST.MF committed into pkg-java svn

>> * According to #554874, the comment in jetty.default is wrong, it
>> should say "set it to 0.0.0.0 to listen to all
>> interfaces". I can look further into this and try to close that bug, too.
>
> That would be great yes.

OK, so I'll leave the Eclipse testing to you, and I'll be working on
getting this bug and (..)

> As I recall 6.1.22 is supposed to fix a security issue (one of the two
> RC+security bugs); we should have that verified.

(...) these other two bugs. First, for the real CVE (Bug #553644),
this bug affects 6.1.21.
Niels had some Fedora patches in pkg-java svn trunk that fixed that
bug. I manually checked
that  these changes are present in 6.1.22 upstream. I'll still do a
second round reading the
CVE before marking it as pending.

That still leaves the
"CVE-that-happened-and-was-solved-before-we-even-packed-that-project"
issue. [1] I am tempted to audit the code to close that bug and
concurrently do a post in
security to ask for some policy decision. I agree there is absolutely
no "reasonable doubt"
that merits performing such audit and many projects will fall into
that situation.

OTOH Torsten has made the case that working on this is a waste of
resources (I wonder if
security will allow us to downgrade the bug to 'wishlist' and rename
it to "audit the code
for being really sure CVE-2007-6672 doesn't affect us"). I just don't
like reading
"Tags: security, wontfix", it might scare away potential users of the
package ;-)

Regards,

Pablo