Re: Jetty 6.1.22 with OSGi bundles MANIFEST.MF committed into pkg-java svn

Thanks for your work.

> The current package fetches the sources from upstream SVN just fine
> and builds correctly into a pbuilder
> chroot.
>=20

Could I have you upload (or send me a copy of) the orig.tar.gz
somewhere? I get a different orig.tar.gz every time I use

 debian/rules get-orig-source

And (unsurprisingly) everyone of them FTBFS.

> Two questions:
>=20
> * According to #554874, the comment in jetty.default is wrong, it
> should say "set it to 0.0.0.0 to listen to all
> interfaces". I can look further into this and try to close that bug, to=
o.
>=20

That would be great yes.

> * Before going through the relative pain of finding a sponsor to
> upload this into unstable, how can we verify
> the new package actually helps with the Eclipse effort?
>=20

We can build test eclipse with it without getting uploaded. You are
welcome to try it; though you have to tell eclipse to use the jetty
system jar - poll me if interested.

As I recall 6.1.22 is supposed to fix a security issue (one of the two
RC+security bugs); we should have that verified.

> Thanks go to Niels for quite a bit of help and to upstream for
> providing the MANIFEST.MF files.
>=20
> Best regards,
>=20