Re: which source package has the source for javac in openjdk?

On Mon, Dec 7, 2009 at 1:58 PM, David Goodenough
<david.goodenough@linkchoose.co.uk> wrote:
>> The orig.tar.gz is probably the only one you need though.
>>
> That does NOT seem to contain the source of the compiler.  There should
> be a file called TreeMaker.java, and it is not present (at least find can
> not find it).  There is a directory rt, which contains (as the
> openjdk-6-src package does) the run time source, but I can not find the
> source of the compiler in that.

  That's because the package use the so called tar-in-tar strategy.
There is another archive within the archive tarball; this one contains
the file you're looking for:

tar tvzf openjdk-6-src-b16-24_apr_2009-dfsg.tar.gz| grep -i treemaker
-rw-r--r-- doko/doko     30894 2009-04-24 09:35
langtools/src/share/classes/com/sun/tools/javac/tree/TreeMake.java

  Admitedly, this way of packaging is not the most transparent there is.

  Cheers,

      Vincent