Re: which source package has the source for javac in openjdk?

On Monday 07 December 2009, Paul Wise wrote:
> On Mon, Dec 7, 2009 at 8:12 PM, David Goodenough
>
> <david.goodenough@linkchoose.co.uk> wrote:
> > I am trying to debug a problem with an annotation processor, and I need
> > to look at the source for javac to debug it.  Openjdk-6-source only
> > contains the source for the runtime, and there seem to be no other
source
> > packages referenced so I am a bit lost as to where to look.
>
> This is more of aquestion for debian-user, but anyway...
>
> Just run `apt-get source openjdk-6-jdk`, or if you prefer a web browser:
>
> visit http://packages.debian.org/file:javac
>
> click your preferred Debian release at the top
>
> click openjdk-6-jdk -> http://packages.debian.org/sid/openjdk-6-jdk
>
> click each of the 3 links under "Download Source Package openjdk-6:"
>
> The orig.tar.gz is probably the only one you need though.

That does NOT seem to contain the source of the compiler.  There should
be a file called TreeMaker.java, and it is not present (at least find can
not find it).  There is a directory rt, which contains (as the
openjdk-6-src package does) the run time source, but I can not find the
source of the compiler in that.

David