Re: Latest sun java5 packages

On 2009-09-22 Dalibor Topic wrote:
> The raw data for them is at http://jdk-distros.dev.java.net.
>
> cheers,
> dalibor topic
Those packages will install java, but not as integrated to the debian system as I want to.
I've tried to build a 'deb package' with equivs, so it will also satisfy dependecies from other
packages to java, but that didn't work too well.

Thanks for the link though, it seems better up to date then the archive page I have in my bookmarks.

On 2009-09-22 Eric Lavarde - Debian wrote:
> Diederik, are you planning to put the packages in a publicly available
> repository? I'd be interested.
>
> Eric
No, not at this time, since that means that I need to learn how to setup a debian repository and
figuring out how to maintain that and figure out how to secure that, so it won't be an entry into my
system(s).
All things worthy of exploring some time, but not now.
Goal for now is a Debian based live-cd with KDE and Java development tools, so I put those .deb files
in the config/chroot_local-packages directory (of live-helper).

I can (easily) put those debs up for download for others though.

Diederik