Re: RFS: java-gnome 4.0.13-2

On Fri, Sep 18, 2009 at 2:16 PM, Sylvestre Ledru <sylvestre@debian.org> wrote:
> Le vendredi 18 septembre 2009 à 14:13 +0530, Onkar Shinde a écrit :
>> On Fri, Sep 18, 2009 at 1:52 PM, Sylvestre Ledru <sylvestre@debian.org> wrote:

>> > About this package, did you test it ?
>> > Is there some interesting results ?
>>
>> I had done some brief testing with 4.0.13-1. I tried launching some
>> example applications. Are you looking for anything particular?
> In an application, I'd like to change the Java default filechooser
> (which is pretty bad) for the gnome one and I was wondering if this
> could be the solution.
> (and also the improve some "GTK communication" and look and feel)

I am not sure if you can make combined use of Swing and java-gnome
APIs in an application.
But if you are writing a new application and want it to have native
look and feel, functionality then surely java-gnome is the way to go.
The 4.x version has bindings for many GNOME libraries including GTK+,
cairo, pango, libunique, gtksourceview. Also the application will have
theme, look and feel same as your rest gnome applications.
Check here to see how the file chooser dialog looks in java-gnome. [1]

Hope this helps.

[1] http://java-gnome.sourceforge.net/4.0/doc/api/org/gnome/gtk/FileChooser.html

Onkar