Re: RFS: java3d 1.5.2+dfsg-3

On Fri, 21 Aug 2009 16:01:11 +0200, Torsten Werner <twerner@debian.org>
wrote:
> On Mon, Aug 17, 2009 at 2:39 PM, Onkar Shinde<onkarshinde@gmail.com>
wrote:
>> I am looking for the sponsorship of new revision of java3d.
>
> It builds on sparc, ia64, and amd64 but I see strange messages during
> javadoc. The build log
> <http://people.debian.org/~twerner/java3d_1.5.2+dfsg-3_amd64.build.gz>.
> Does anyone have an idea what might be wrong?

java.lang.OutOfMemoryError: GC overhead limit exceeded

>From [1] :
"
The concurrent collector will throw an OutOfMemoryError if too much time is
being spent in garbage collection: if more than 98% of the total time is
spent in garbage collection and less than 2% of the heap is recovered, an
OutOfMemoryError will be thrown. This feature is designed to prevent
applications from running for an extended period of time while making
little or no progress because the heap is too small. If necessary, this
feature can be disabled by adding the option -XX:-UseGCOverheadLimit to the
command line.
"

GC seems to spend too much time trying to free heap memory.
You should try :
#1 to fork=yes Javadoc ant task
+
#2 to pass -Xmx parameter to javadoc cmd

If this doesn't work try to set -XX:-UseGCOverheadLimit.

[1]
http://java.sun.com/javase/technologies/hotspot/gc/gc_tuning_6.html#par_gc.oom

--
Damien Raude-Morvan - http://damien.raude-morvan.com/